Here is one for the cheese lovers! A traditional dish with a hint of autumnal sweetness. It will warm you up and make for a delicious dinner.
300gr macaroni200gr dairy-free cheddar cheese
100gr grated non-dairy cheese
100ml soy cream
2 medium apples
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop up the onion and apple in cubes and warm up half of the butter in a non-stick pan. Sauté the onion until translucent and add the apples. Add spices, cover and cook at low heat for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to package instructions, rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- When the apples are soft, add the remaining butter, soy cream and 100gr of cheddar cheese and stir until it melts. Add the pasta and the rest of the cheese and mix all the ingredients until all of them are well blended.
- Transfer the pasta and sauce to an oven casserole. Sprinkle with the grated cheese and add some extra apple slices. Let cook in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!