The recipe of these absolutely adorable little cookies originated in the German city of Frankfurt. They are a typical Christmas Day dessert with marzipan, rosewater and eggs. Let’s add our own personal touch to tradition, shall we?
Ingredients (15-20 cookies)
250gr Vegan Marzipan
½ tablespoon Maple Syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC.
- Cut the marzipan into equal parts (approximately 15-20 cookies, depending on the size you prefer).
- Get your hands wet with some warm water and roll each part of marzipan into equal balls.
- If the almonds have skin, boil them for a minute and wash them off under cold water. This will soften the skin and allow you to remove it easily.
- Add 3 almonds to each ball and place them on an oven tray lined with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup with a little bit of water and spread it over the cookies.
- Put in the oven for approximately 15/20 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.