Who doesn’t dream of being able to eat bowls and bowls of ice-cream without feeling guilty? Well, we are not claiming to have the magical solution of no-calories-only-vitamin-recipe, but this banana ice cream surely gets close to that. Most commonly known as “nice cream”, this fabulous vegan dessert is low in sodium, has no artificial sweetener and is the perfect “base” to which everybody can add their favorite ingredients (fruits, nuts, sauce etc.).
Let’s learn how to prepare vanilla and chocolate Nice cream!
6 ripe bananas
300ml light coconut milk previously kept in the fridge
20gr chia seeds
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 ½ tablespoon cocoa powder
1. Peel and cut up the bananas in slices and let freeze overnight.
2. Remove from freezer and divide in two batches.
3. Add the first half, 150ml of coconut milk, chia seeds and vanilla extract into a food processor until smooth and even.
4. Move to a medium oven casserole/bowl and let sit in the freezer.
5. Add the second banana batch with the cocoa powder and the rest of the coconut milk. Mix until smooth and add into another medium oven casserole/bowl.
6. Using an ice cream scoop or a spoon, prepare your vanilla ice cream adding peanut butter and shredded coconut and your chocolate one adding chocolate spread, cookies and almond croccanti.