Who said soups are boring? We say: let’s get creative and cozy during these cold winter evenings! Experimenting with different flavors has brought us to create this dish, which can be a perfect starter or warm main course.
6 carrots (approx. 650gr)
2 small garlic cloves
2 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
1 tablespoon olive oil
750ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
- Peel and slice the carrots and the onion.
- Warm up the oil in a large pot and start cooking the carrots and onions over a medium heat for 10 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the vegetable stock, cover and cook the vegetables on low heat for 40 minutes, so that the vegetables are well cooked.
- Separate the vegetables from the stock and process them in a blender.
- Meanwhile, squeeze the orange and add the juice and mint leaves to the vegetable stock.
- Add back the puréed vegetables and reheat the soup.
- Adjust salt and pepper if needed.
- Add the soy cream now for creamier version of the soup or drizzle it on top once served.