So, we all know how kids don’t necessary have foods packed with Vitamins and Minerals on top of their snack wish lists, but sometimes, miracles do happen! These amazingly tasty sweet potato fudge brownies are going to change every coming birthday party, because both children and adults won’t be able to get enough. But I mean,we are talking about brownies, so how could it be otherwise?
2 medium sweet potatoes (700gr approximately)
50gr cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla concentrate
3 tablespoons maple syrup
250gr vegetable margarine
120gr dairy free dark chocolate
50gr dark dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven at 180ºC and line your baking pan with margarine.
- Pinch the sweet potatoes with a fork and let them cook in the microwave for 20 minutes. Once you’ve made sure they are perfectly soft, peel them and add them to your food processor.
- Pour 125gr of melted margarine, vanilla extract and maple syrup onto the potato.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir well until the baking powder is evenly distributed.
- Chop up the walnuts into small pieces.
- Finally mix all the ingredients in the food processor and smooth the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until you can pierce the brownie cake with a toothpick bringing it out dry.
- Meanwhile, boil water in a sauce pan and slowly melt the chocolate and the remaining margarine over a bainmarie.
- Remove the brownies from the tray and let to cool.
- Add the icing, the chocolate chip, and savor