Many of you already know what Batch Cooking is, but it’s important to take into account some aspects.
For those who don’t know what it is, it’s basically that we choose one day of the week to cook different ingredients (especially vegetables and legumes) and cooked dishes in order to safe them in the freezer for other days. With this technique we will safe whatever we prepare in hermetic containers (much better if it can be a glass container) / or hermetic bags that allow the freezing.
The Batch Cooking is a good way to increase the consumption of vegetables throughout the week, it also saves you a lot of time in the preparation of all dishes. Not having time is no longer an excuse for not eating healthy!
You should know:
- Skins and stems are kept in hermetic plastic bags. It will be useful to make broth that we will freeze in buckets to make the sauces or cooking
- When we clean the lettuce, for example, we will introduce it in a hermetic bag, at the bottom of the bag we will put a piece of kitchen paper so that the moisture is absorbed well and holds more.
- Steam and put some aromatic herbs at the bottom.
- When you freeze it, it is important to write down what it is and the date it was cooked.
- So that the raw preparations of fruits and vegetables don’t rust,, so they do lemon trickle should be applied.
How much does the food hold in the freezer?
- The fish lasts between 3 and 6 months
- Raw meat and poultry from 9 months to 1 year
- Vegetable creams, up to 3 months
- The fruit up to 12 months but not the lemon that should be consumed preferably in 3 months time.
- Yogurt and ice cream, up to 2 months
- Bread, up to 3 months
- Sausages, up to 2 months
How much food does the refrigerator hold?
- Raw meat and poultry, 2 days
- Soups and stews at most 4 days
- Undated eggs (homemade), about 3 weeks (at most 4)
- Cooked eggs: 1 week
- Cakes and pies, 4 days
- Homemade sauces and broths, about 4 days
- Cooked vegetables, about 4 days
- cooked fish, one day
- Homemade Mayonnaise 3 days
- Open milk, 5 days
- Sausages, 3 – 6 days
- Meat 3 – 4 days
- Fresh sausages 1- 2 days
- Never put hot dishes in the fridge
- Freezer bags can be cleaned and reused
- If you thaw any food, you better do it with time and in the fridge
Now that you have all the information and the duration of the food conservation you already know if it is better to take it or store it in the fridge. The important thing is that withthe Batch Cooking you get to eath healthier and you also have more time for yourself during the week.